The Agri-food (processed food and beverages) sector plays a vital role in the economy of Armenia, averaging about 15% of Armenia’s total export.
KEY FACTS on Armenian agri-food and beverages
- +37,4% growth rate in beverages export and 48,4% of agri-food export in 2017
- Armenia exported about 100,8 million USD agri-food products.
- About 39% of agri-food export are meat, fish and products thereof
- Booming export of sugar confectionery, chocolate, flour and bread products
- Russian market is the biggest consumer of Armenian agri-food products followed by Iran and Georgia. 66,5% of all agri-food products were exported to Russia
- 89% of food processing companies have EAEU certificates, 67%-FDA, 56%-ISO, 44%-HACCP certificates
jewelry Sectorial Overview is coming soon.